1. THE BOX
- Please purchase a plastic box with a lid from Crazy Plastics or Plasticland, or the gift boxes from Mr Price Home that will fit all the items required.
- If you will be using a shoebox or any other cardboard box, please ensure that it is strong and sturdy. Please do not use cake boxes.
- Please do not use two small boxes and tie them together.
- This is a great project in which to involve your kids. Please, however, assist them in ensuring the boxes are neatly packed and decorated.
- You may decorate the box with paint, stickers, paper or other artwork which is appropriate for the age of the recipient.
- If you are wrapping your box in gift wrap, please wrap the lid and box separately.
- If you are using paint or glitter, please ensure that it is completely dry before dropping your box off. Please also ensure that stickers and other artwork used (e.g. beads, etc.) are well stuck on before dropping your box off.
- If your box is transparent please use tissue paper or gift wrap so that the items in the box are not visible.
- Please CLEARLY indicate the AGE and GENDER on a label on the TOP left of the lid of the box.
- Please ensure that the label is secure and will not fall off (please do not use sticky notes).
- Please remember to fill ALL items on the list in the box.
- Please do not give loose items as they may be lost.
- Please avoid adding extra items not included on the list as we aim to ensure that the boxes are equal and as fair as possible. The beneficiaries are so excited when they receive the boxes that they open them up immediately and children tend to compare their gifts. We want all our boxes to be comparable.
5. SEAL AND DROP OFF
- Seal your box with 2 elastic bands, so that the box can easily be opened to be checked.
- Distribution dates will be made available on the website. Bring along your families and join us in handing out the boxes.
1. Box. Your shoe box should approximately measure the following size:
Tip: First purchase your items and then the box so you are able to fit everything in.
2. Decorating items.
- Please remember to include a label and use tissue paper if you intend on using a transparent box.
3. Contents list
- Please see below.
Toothbrush x 2
Toothpaste x 2
Body lotion/cream 250ml - 350ml (Please do not include anything smaller than 250ml)
Soap bar 2 x 100g
Vaseline 250ml (Please do not include anything smaller than 250ml)
Sanitary pads (only applies to a girl aged 10 and over)
Roll on / Deodorant (only applies to girls and boys aged 10 and over)
Reusable Juice bottle and lunch box
Pair of socks (Please do not purchase secret socks)
Packet of sweets (+- 150g)
Age appropriate toy or special gift (should not exceed R150)
Ages 4 - 8: Set of crayons or wax twisters, 3 HB pencils, 2 erasers, 1 sharpener, 1 ruler, 2 glue sticks / pritt & 1 pencil case.
Ages 9 - 11: Set of colour pencils or wax twisters, 3 pens, 3 HB pencils, 2 erasers, 1 sharpener, 1 ruler, 2 glue sticks / pritt & 1 pencil case.
Ages 12 and up: Set of highlighters and/or colour pens, 3 pens, 3 HB pencils, 2 erasers, 1 sharpener, 1 ruler, 2 glue sticks / pritt & 1 pencil case.
You are welcome to add either a body lotion or aqueous body cream.
Please adhere to the sizes specified.
Please adhere to the instructions given.
Stationery requirements given are the minimum and you may add additional items. Instead of individual items, you are welcome to purchase a stationery pack available from Checkers, Takealot, Staedtler, etc.
RSBP reserves the right to return boxes that do not comply with requirements.
RSBP reserves the right to remove (if deemed inappropriate) or add any items from your box.
Strictly, no cash accepted.
Sharp objects, medication, electronics, and liquids are NOT allowed.
All items must be new. No old or used items should be included.
Please ensure that all items are age appropriate.
Sweets should not contain nuts.
Strictly, no Zakaat should be used for the items.